Dr. Riddle is a proud Chemical Engineering graduate of Michigan State University, Wayne State University School of Medicine (WSUSOM) and DMC/ Wayne State University School of Medicine Internal Medicine- Pediatrics Residency program. She practiced at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital for 2 years upon graduation, and served as Clinical Instructor for University of Michigan Med/Peds program while there. Here at Wayne State University, she is an Assistant Professor, Medical Director for the Corktown Health Center (a medical home for Detroit’s LGBTQ community), Associate Medical Director for the Tri- County Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program, faculty mentor for FitKids360 at WSU School of Medicine (an obesity treatment program for children), and serves as a representative on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee for the Department of Internal Medicine.
Her research interests include obesity prevention and treatment, effects of the Affordable Care Act on safety-net programs, and the performance of engineering students in medical school, while her clinical interests include addressing the medical needs of the LGBTQ community, asthma, diabetes and obesity. She is a proud wife, and mother of two. She loves ambulatory medicine, and her goal is to keep patients out of the hospital by staying on top of their preventative health needs – mind, body and spirit
- ChangeMaker in Medicine – Finalist – SEEN Magazine Detroit 10/2020
- Wayne State University Alumna Woman of Distinction Award 10/2019
- Top Docs – Internal Medicine - HOUR Magazine Detroit 10/2019
- Trailblazer Award - Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Faculty – WSU/DMC Residency 06/2019
- Most Compassionate Attending Award Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Faculty – WSU/DMC Residency 06/2019, 2020
Harvard T. Chan School of Public Health 06/2018 - 05/2020
Master of Public Health, Epidemiology
- Midwest Fellowship for Primary Care Champions (MFPCC) 01/2019 - 02/2020
- Champion Fellow - University of Illinois – Chicago (UIC) Department of Family Medicine funded and supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health
- Workforce, Division of Medicine and Dentistry (grant # T13HP31010)
- HIV Clinician Scholars Program 09/2018 – 09/2019
- Midwest AIDS Training & Education Center (MATEC)
- One-year HIV training and certification program for primary care providers Wayne State University/ Detroit, MI
Community Speaking Events
- Women and Girls HIV Awareness Symposium – Detroit Recovery Project – 02/2020
- Stroke Awareness & Young – Interview in Response to Luke Perry’s Death 107.5FM 03/2019
Podium Presentation (refereed)
- Mendez, J., Neufeld, S., McGrath, G., Neal, A., Allen N., Riddle-Jones, L., Bridges, D., Jackson, S., Gobel, K., and Sniderman, D., A peer-led model for falls prevention for community-dwelling seniors, developed by medical and art therapy students. AAMC Central Group on Education Affairs, Rapid City, SD, April 2020
- Riddle-Jones, L., Smith, J., Mumuni, S., Onyeukwu, O., Mendez, J., Ayers, E., Hanna- Johnson, M., Barbershop Initiative: HIV Education and Prevention in the heart of the community, American Association of American Colleges, Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, November 2019
- Utter, K., Liddell, T., Vandel, J., Wesemann, L., Schroeder, K, Riddle-Jones, L. and Mendez, J., Extended Care Facility Oral History Project for First Year Medical Students Central Group on Education Affairs, AAMC., Grand Rapids, MI 2019
- Pantelic, M., Afify, O., Boalbanat, H., Wesemann, L., Riddle-Jones, L., Mendez, J., Improving Medical Education by Assessing Falls Prevention at Extended Care Facilities, Medical Equity Conference, Wayne State University Detroit, MI, April, 2019
- Chen, A., Cowert, J., Riddle-Jones, L., Candler, S. 2020: The Next LEAHP (Leadership in Health Policy) Year. SGIM FORUM Society of General Internal Medicine. 2019 November; 42 (11):1
- Riddle-Jones, L. Physicians Working with Medical Students, Law
Enforcement, and Politicians to Push Gun Safe Storage Legislation. SGIM FORUM
Society of General Internal Medicine. 2019 July; 42 (7):8-9.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
- Riddle-Jones, L. Transgender Patients Face Unique Cancer Risks, Social Barriers. The Oakland Press 17 Feb. 2020; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Tobacco Use, Nicotine Addiction Remain High in LGBTQ Population. The Oakland Press. 20 Jan. 2020; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. HIV Prevention Drugs will Play Key Role in Stemming Disease. The Oakland Press. 16 Dec. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Decisions on Long-Term Healthcare Essential for People in LGBTQ Community. The Oakland Press. 11 Nov. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Education, Communication can Bring Down Suicide Rates. The Oakland Press. 6 Sep. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Too Many in LGBTQ Population Fall Victim to Gun Violence. The Oakland Press. 26 Aug. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Diet, Exercise Can Boost Heart Health. The Oakland Press. 22 Jul. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Ending the HIV Epidemic Possible with Testing, Prevention Efforts. The Oakland Press. 24 Jun. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. LGBTQ Community Face Unique Cancer Risks. The Oakland Press. 13 May. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. 3 Key Health Decisions Older LGBTQ Adults Must Consider. The Oakland Press. 8 Apr. 2019; Print & On-line.
- Riddle-Jones, L. Healthcare Needs for LGBTQ Population Continue to Evolve. The Oakland Press. 4 Mar. 2019; Print & On-line.